The Mission of Liberty Elementary Parent Teacher Association
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
How our PTA contributes to our school:
- Makes decisions specific to earning and spending money: How many fundraisers to do each year, Which fundraisers to do (magazine sales, catalog sales or other options), End of year celebration (Lalapalooza, Track & Field Day, parties, etc.), Fulfilling teacher requests (supplemental book collections for classrooms, digital cameras, classroom furniture, additional teaching resources and much more!)
- Provides funding for purchases and activities that benefit students & staff: New playground, Supplemental building needs, Artists in the schools, Author visits, Special assemblies, COSI on Wheels, and many more.
- Organizes activities for the students and their families: Skating parties, Fall clean-up, Wellness Event, School pictures, Book Fairs, Family Fun Nights, Supply Sale, and many more.
- Establishes relationships & improves communication: Room representatives, Student directories, Staff appreciation week, Office aids
- Discusses parental concerns: Curriculum concerns/changes, Playground safety, Traffic patterns, District-wide issues, School climate/discipline procedures
How our PTA operates:
- Follow the guidelines set forth by the National PTA and Ohio PTA, and adhere to the by-laws of our local PTA.
- Meetings are held at 6:30 PM on the 2nd Thursday of every month. Meeting attendance is open to anyone within our school community (not just PTA members). Members in good standing are allowed to vote.
- New memberships are accepted at any time. Join Today!
How our PTA raises money:
Liberty Elementary PTA is an independent 501 (3) (c) non-profit organization with a mission to enhance and support the educational programs and environment at Liberty Elementary School. To provide this support to our schools and children, we need to raise money by conducting a variety of fundraisers. One of our goals is to minimize our need for fundraising activities while maximizing the benefits our students receive from our efforts.